We are thrilled to announce that we are reopening the clinic on Monday, June 1st!
At the Ottawa Skin Clinic, we take great pride in ensuring the safety and health of our employees, patients and community.
We would like to inform you of the safety protocols we have put in place to ensure everyone`s safety. Please take a moment to read the valuable information mentioned in this email as we have implemented a few changes in preparation for our reopening.
Once we re-open, our clinic will be accessible by appointment only. Should you wish to purchase products, we invite you to call or email the clinic so we may prepare and schedule a curbside pickup for you.
Our clinical members will be wearing gloves, masks and visors, or protective glasses, depending on the treatment. Their work clothes will be washed daily.
In light of the public health situation, we kindly request that all health care professionals change out of their uniforms prior to attending their scheduled appointment.
In preparation for your appointment:
1. IN THE PAST 2 WEEKS, HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED OR ARE YOU CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING any of the following new or worsening symptoms or signs?
If you are experiencing any of the new or worsening symptoms or signs prior to your appointment, we kindly request that you contact us to reschedule your appointment.
- Shortness of breath?
- Difficulty swallowing?
- Runny nose, nasal congestion, new smell or taste disorder?
- Sore throat?
- Abdominal pain, muscle pain?
- Unexplained fatigue/malaise?
- Hoarse voice?
- Loss or reduced sense of taste or smell?
2. In the last two weeks:
Have you travelled outside of Canada or had close contact with anyone that has travelled outside of Canada?
Have you been in contact with someone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms?
Have you been in contact with someone who appears to have COVID-19?
Have you been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19?
3. Do you have a fever? A fever is a temperature of 37.8 °C or greater.
(Please note that we will be taking the temperature of each patient prior to entering our clinic)
If you have answered yes to any of the questions, we kindly request that you call us to reschedule your appointment at a later date of at least 2 weeks without any symptoms
At the Clinic
Prior to attending any appointment with us, please review the COVID19 screening questions listed above, and inform and contact us as soon as possible if you experience any of the symptoms described, and we will reschedule your appointment at a later date of at least 2 weeks without any symptoms
We will be limiting the number of patients in our clinic to ensure safe distancing.
1. All PRE and POST treatment forms and other forms will be sent to you Via our TouchMd application upon booking your appointment. Please carefully review the forms sent to you via Touch Md.
2. At this time we can only accept contactless credit card or E-Transfer payments, which will be processed directly from your account, no cash payments will be accepted. Please call us prior to your scheduled appointment if you need to make changes on your account as some conditions may apply. Your receipt will be emailed to you.
3. To minimize traffic, we kindly request that you arrive unaccompanied to your appointment. Only patient(s) scheduled for treatment(s)/service(s) will be permitted to enter the clinic unless you require assistance for medical reasons.
4. We ask that you arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment. Upon arrival please remain in your vehicle until contacted via telephone. Our Patient Flow Coordinator will call you as soon as your doctor or technician is ready to see you, at which point you can make your way to our entrance. We will be screening each patient prior to entering the clinic. We encourage you to keep all your belongings in your car.
LATE ARRIVALS: If you are late, please contact us from your vehicle and we will assign you a new arrival time. We reserve the rights to cancel and reschedule your appointment if it compromises the following appointment. Cancellation fees may apply.
5. In order to minimize any risk of potential contamination, should your treatment require a numbing cream application we kindly request a curbside pickup 24 hours prior to your scheduled treatment so that you may apply the cream at home. If this is not possible for you, please contact our clinic so we may make alternative arrangements for your specific needs.
6. Please arrive makeup free to your appointment as makeup can no longer be removed in clinic prior or during treatment(s)/service(s). If possible, we ask you to come to the clinic with as little jewellery as possible.
7. We kindly ask you to bring your own mask : All persons entering or remaining in our clinic must wear a mask that securely covers the nose, mouth, and chin.
8. You will be asked to complete the verbal COVID-19 questionnaire at that time so that we can officially confirm that you are in good health. We will give you hand sanitizer to disinfect your hands.
9. We will then take your temperature. A fever is a temperature of 37.8 °C or greater.
10. All waiting areas will be closed and bathrooms will be restricted to exceptions only in order to minimize any risk of potential contamination. If possible, we ask you to come to your appointment with an empty bladder to minimize the use of our bathrooms.
11. Product testers will not be available; we encourage you to discuss your skincare needs during your treatment and your technician will prepare your purchases prior to your departure. All products can also be purchased through curbside pickup.
12. Appointments will be spaced 15 minutes apart in order to carefully disinfect each room between each patient. Common areas and surfaces will also be cleaned several times during the day. Our clinic will be professionally sanitized every day.
13. If you were to receive a diagnosis of COVID-19 within a week following your appointment, we would be grateful if you would let us know.
Just a friendly reminder to let us know 48 hours prior to your appointment if you wish to cancel or reschedule your appointment, in order to avoid cancellation fees. For additional information regarding our cancellation policy and fees, please visit: https://www.ottawaskinclinic.ca/our-cancellation-policy/
We look forward to your next visit and we thank you for your ongoing support and your understanding.
The Ottawa Skin Clinic Team