Skincare Tips to Get You Through the Winter
It should come as no surprise that cold weather in Ottawa is tough on your skin. Cold air has low humidity, causing your skin to dry out. Cold winds strip moisture from your skin unless you bundle up from head to toe. Without proper safeguards, the cold winter weather can cause your skin to crack, tighten, peel, turn red, or become rough. These tips will help you endure the last few weeks of winter weather and approach the spring season looking better than ever:
Create a Winter Skincare Routine
You need to adapt your daily skincare routine to account for weather conditions. Think of how different your skin feels on a scorching day at the beach in July versus how it feels on a freezing, windy night in the middle of February. If you haven’t done so already, it’s time to evaluate your skincare regimen. Are you satisfied with your current routine and products? Do you love the look and feel of your skin? Is your skin sufficiently hydrated and nourished? If you can’t answer an enthusiastic yes to all of these questions, it’s time to make a change. Come into our clinic and we’d be happy to evaluate your skin and recommend the best skincare products and treatments for you.
Protect Your Skin With SkinCeuticals
We often recommend SkinCeuticals’ advanced skincare products to our clients. These products are gentle enough for daily use yet strong enough to deliver real results. Consider incorporating the following products into your skincare regimen:
- SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser removes excess oil and clears impurities without drying out your skin. This cream cleanser is mild enough for sensitive skin and can be used multiple times per day.
- If hydration is a problem, add SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel. Just 2-3 drops of this serum containing hyaluronic acid will replenish nutrients, smoothing and refreshing your skin.
- If a regular store-bought moisturizer is not working, consider SkinCeuticals Daily Moisture, a lightweight, pore-minimizing moisturizer that is most effective on normal or oily skin. If you have dry skin, use SkinCeuticals Emollience, a rich moisturizer infused with natural extracts and oils to rehydrate dry or sensitive skin.
- Exfoliation should be a regular part of your winter skincare routine. In removing excess dead skin cells, hydrating ingredients will be able to reach deeper and result in a more radiant complexion. SkinCeuticals Micro-Exfoliating Scrub is embedded with microbead technology to gently cleanse and promote healthy skin renewal.
- Even though it is winter, you still need to protect your skin from the damaging effects of the sun. Protect your skin with SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50. This broad spectrum chemical-free sunscreen not only provides exceptional UVA/UVB protection, but it also enhances your natural skin tone – much needed in the winter months!
With an attentive skincare regimen, you can make it through the rough winter months and emerge still looking radiant in the spring. If you would like to add advanced medical-grade treatments to enhance your skincare regimen or would like to book a consultation, get in touch!